Eric Bernard Iverson is a co-owner of Jsoftware, primary implementer of J's session environment, and son of Ken Iverson. Before starting Jsoftware he contributed to SHARP APL as an implementor and development manager at IPSA.
In 1966 Eugene worked at IBM and hired Eric Iverson as a summer student. Twelve years later Eugene left IBM to join the language and system group at I.P. Sharp Associates, managed by Eric Iverson.
Two years thereafter Ken Iverson too left IBM to join I.P. Sharp, also to be managed by Eric Iverson. After that, Eugene didn’t feel so bad about his own reversal in the pecking order.
Iverson left his studies at Yale University in 1968 to join I.P. Sharp Associates, where he did implementation work on APL\1130 and a rewrite of APL\360 for small machines. His work with Larry Breed on a shared file system for APL was demonstrated by Al Rose and Breed at APL70, the second APL conference. Among other management positions, Iverson managed SHARP APL development from 1974 to 1984.
Iverson left I.P. Sharp in 1990 to found Iverson Software, Inc. to provide an improved Sharp APL/PC product (APLIWIN) for Microsoft Windows. The company would later be named Jsoftware to focus on J. Iverson has worked on various IDEs for J including the original Windows-based environment, GTK- and Qt-based IDEs, and the HTML-based JHS, and is a co-developer of the Jd database management system. In 1999 he was appointed CTO of Adaytum Software, a company which relied heavily on J.
- IPSA '78: The Commercializing of APL\360 and some Plans for its Future.
- IPSA '80: The Integration of APL into the Larger World of Data Processing.
- SATN-46: Enhancements Provided in Update #1 to the May 1983 Release of SHARP APL. 1983-08-05.
- Dyalog '11 G08: Vstar: A high-performance, full-featured database system implemented in J
- Array Cast: Eric Iverson
- ↑ Hui, Roger. "APL Quotations and Anecdotes". Accessed 2020-04-30.
- ↑ Breed, Larry. How We Got To APL\1130. Vector journal 22:3, p.68. 2006-08.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 York University. APL@50 Invited Speakers. 2012. Accessed 2020-04-30.
- ↑ Korn, Karl. "APL Community Meets at NASA". APL Quote-Quad Vol. 2, No. 2. 1970-07-10.
- ↑ Hui, Roger. "Remembering Ken Iverson". 2004-11.
- ↑ Faust, Anne. Press Release - Iverson Software Inc. J forums. 1999-08-09.